The Core Training System is the product of years of research and innovation. This System develops exercise programs based on individual movement patterns. It is equally effective in rehabilitation as well as conditioning because it targets the weak link. The System is made up of:
lFunctional Movement Screen
lReactive Neuromuscular Training.
Specifically, the Functional Movement Screenis a grading system created to assess and document functional movement patterns. By assessing these patterns, functional limitations and asymmetries are readily identified. Basic movement pattern limitations can reduce the effects of functional training and distort proprioception. The goal of this workshop is to introduce you and your staff to the benefits of utilizing this orthopedic screening process since functional movement patterns are the base for Core Training. At the heart of the system are the Functional Movement Screen score and the movement patterns, which are directly linked to the most beneficial corrective exercises to restore mechanically sound movement patterns.
Core Training is a series of exercises involving the Core Board, medicine ball, and tubing, targeted specific athletic movement patterns. Reactive Neuromuscular Trainingis the scientific platform for the Core Board exercises and medicine ball work that will be presented.
At the conclusion of the course participants will be able to:
1. Assess fundamental movement patterns and determine weaknesses
2. Understand Functional Movement Screen Scoring System and how it pertains to movement dysfunction
3. Determine mobility and stability problems within general population groups
4. Prescribe corrective exercise techniques which are designed to improve fundamental movement mechanics
5. Develop a greater appreciation of the importance of assessing and correcting movement pattern dysfunction